• marriage

I am Hindu residing in kerala and the person I am going to marry is residing in bangalore,and have valid voterId there.Are we eligible for marriage in Bangalore.If not what steps we need to take to solemnize and register our marriage in Bangalore.


Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

You are solemnizing you marriage according to hindu customs or registered marriage??

In both the cases you are eligible to solemnise and register your marriage at banglore.

The parties to the marriage have to apply to the concerned authority in whose Jurisdiction the marriage is solemnized or either party to the marriage has been residing. Along with the application form they have to attach two photographs of the marriage ceremonies, invitation card of marriage, age and address proof of both parties, affidavit of Notary/Executive Magistrate to prove that the couple is married under Hindu Marriage Act 1955, fit mental condition, non relationship between the parties within the degree of prohibition.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You are eligible for the marriage and your marriage can be done either where you live or where your wife lives.


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Yes. You can get married in Bangalore as your spouse is a resident of Bangalore and hence the requirements are met.

All the best.


Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5928 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


As per the law marriage can be registered at the place where the Marriage is solemnized.

So if you two get married in Bangalore then the marriage can be registered there also.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Yes, you are eligible to perform your marriage in the Bangalore city.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can marry in Bangalore as your fiancée is resident of Bangalore

2) marriage should be solemnised under customary Hindu rites and rituals

3) application for registration of marriage can be made in Bangalore

4) application form fir registration has to be submitted by both parties with identity proofs , address proofs , marriage invitation card , pandit certificate etc

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87911 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You are free to marry any where in India, either you or either spouse is permanent resident there or staying there from a month after marriage.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


You are free to do marriage in any part of country.

If you want to register your marriage then after 1 month submit application

in fix per forma and required document's at municipal office.

Same day of submission of form you will get your registered marriage certificate.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Place is not the criteria or an impediment to marry each other.

You have to verify and confirm other details including the character and antecedents of the couple getting married to each other.

There is no irregularity in a person from Kerala getting married to a person belonging to Bangalore at Bangalore or elsewhere.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer