• Agricultural land gift or sale

We are Indian Muslim family and own agricultural property is in "Karnataka"

Q-1. Can a Muslim women from agriculturist family remains agriculturist after getting married in a non-agriculturist family and 

can her younger brother Gift or Sale agricultural land to such elder sister. (who has been married in non-agriculturist family)?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Muslim

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

1. If she has inherited hr share in the agricultural land then she can be termed directly as a an agriculturist, even otherwise she belongs to an agricultural family.

2. Yes, there is no restriction transfer the agricultural land to his sister by her brother by a registered gift deed or by a Hibanama.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Yes she can remain agriculturist after marriage she can share in the agriculture land of her parents and family and the family members can gift her share by gift deed or she can inherit the share.

Yes the brother can gift her the property through the registered deed.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The answer for all your question is yes she can to and maintain her status

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Merely because daughter is married does not result in her losing her agriculturist status

2) if she is agriculturist brother can sell of gift her land

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. She can remain as an agriculturist provided she has a farmers certificate;

2. She can obtain the same from the Karnataka Government: http://raitamitra.kar.nic.in/ENG/index.asp

3. The Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) will process the applicant’s request after following a thorough process;

4. You can also access this website: http://www.nadakacheri.karnataka.gov.in/ ;

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You can gift property to your sister or can show her share in father's property.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Yes. She'll remain a agriculturist even after marriage into a non-agriculturist family.

Yes. Her brother can gift her agricultural land by way of a gift deed.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5930 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. She was born in an agriculturist's family for which she comes under the category of an agriculturist by birth which does not change after her marriage to a non agriculturist.

2. Her younger brother can gift or sale agricultural land to her if her yearly income from non agricultural sources do not cross Rs. 2 lakhs.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26614 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If she is agriculturist and wants to continue as the same then she can do and continue the same.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27289 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Muslim daughter inherits property of father on his intestate death, half share of whatever share brother receives. So on this basis, she still claim herself agriculturist.

GIFT is valid and permissible. And, non agriculturist with less than 25 lacs annual income can buy agriculture land in Karnataka.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. A person (irrespective of Marriage or whatever) SHALL ALWAYS remain an agriculturist, IF his name appears in the 7x12 extract, EVEN if he has sold his land and can once again buy agricultural land on strength of old 7x12 document, BUT by following due procedure of law.

2. IF persons name is not recorded on 7x12 document, THEN it cannot be done.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer