• Rajasthan goverment employee applying for UPSC

Sir. my self-working as drug inspector at 5400-grade pay for 5 years under Rajasthan government.but now my husband got switch to Delhi government job. now I am too applying same designation drug inspector post under Delhi government which is conducting by UPSC.but its grade pay is 4800.

question1. I want to intimate to my higher authority for applying UPSC or want to take permission for applying UPSC drug inspector post.?

quaestion2. will I get pay protection in Delhi government?
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

If you are employed in Central/State Govt departments, PSUs, Autonomous bodies and you are applying for a job in other PSU or government job you are needed to submit the NOC from your employer at the time of Interview..

2) Government cannot refuse to give no objection certificate (NOC) to an employee on "vexatious technical grounds" if no public interest was involved, the Central Administrative Tribunal has said.

3) pay protection depends upon several criteria, e.g., the new post being of comparatively higher or lower responsibility, your old scale and new scale, and also the maximum of the new scale not exceeding your basic pay in the old post.

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The NOC has to be taken from the authority in the concerned department for applying for new post with State or Central government. The prescribed procedure under the service rules has to be followed and on application the authority shall provide you with the requisite noc. After that you can seek a technical resignation on selection

In cases of appointment of a Government servant to another post in Government on

acceptance of technical resignation, the protection of pay is given in terms of the Ministry of

Finance OM No. 3379-E.III (B)/65 dated the 17th June, 1965 read with provisions of FR 22-

B. Past service rendered by such a Government servant is taken into account for reckoning of

the minimum period for grant of annual increment in the new post/ service/ cadre in

Government under the provisions of FR 26 read with Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008. Pay

of the substantive post held by the Government servant is protected. After Sixth Pay

Commission, only the pay in the pay band is protected and the employee gets the grade pay

of the post to which he is appointed after his resignation

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Cleint,

You may opt Technical Resignation where you need to intimate your present Head of Office (HOO) that you are applying for recruitment/examination of UPSC/SSC/IBPS etc. as the case may be.

Mandatory Intimation to the HOO depends on the service rules governs the job, which exits in most of service rules, so for securing pay protection also, It has to be in knowledge of HOO and in office records in tangible form.

Check in services rules - If intimation is sufficient or permission is necessitated.

But as per my knowledge - govt. employee do need require to seek prior permission appearing in other exams for betterment of his/her career.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


You will have to take NOC from the department before sitting for interview, the same can not be denied by them on technical grounds and the same will be given to you if the same is not effecting the department.

2. Pay scale protection depends on the fact that whether you will be posted on higher post or on some lower post etc.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It would be better that you apply for the post after taking NOC from your current employer.

2. It depends that whether you technically resign and the Delhi government allows for pay protection etc.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Madam,

My answers are as follows:

question1. I want to intimate to my higher authority for applying UPSC or want to take permission for applying UPSC drug inspector post.?

Ans: You must take NOC from your department and to be attached along with your UPSC form while applying for the post of Drug Inspector.

quaestion2. will I get pay protection in Delhi government?

Ans: No protection will be given by any Government it is at your risk.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer