You can do the following:
1. You can approach the Builder/Developer/Promoter of the building and request the building plan/floor plan from him;
2. You can also approach the Architect of the building to get the exact area of the building;
3. If nobody is giving the details, you can approach the municipal corporation regarding the floor plan layout etc;
4. Then you can request the promoters to indicate how much have they charged you per square foot;
5. You must request an invoice indicating the breakup of the 20% charge levied on you;
6. You must also ask for the allotment letter from the builder which will acknowledge how much you have paid etc.