• Is admission through caste certificate valid

Sir i am student from utter pradesh.i belong OBC but in 2014 State govt order was to issues SC certificate to \\\\\\\'kumhar\\\\\\\' and i apply caste certificate application and got SC certificate issued by tahsildar after few month thare is a stay order from HC and in april 2017 HC reject GO said issued catse certificate validity will decided by state govt and central govt till now 2018 there is no cenfermation. but
i took addmission in june 2015 in a engg college in reserved seat as my age was below 18 and not aware of what is right and wrong and now i m in my 3rd year . 

sir i am in stress and not decide what to do? is any problem for my career or degree or govt job.....
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

As you have already taken the benefit of SC certificate and the case is still not decided this is not going to impact your education but if you are going for any job on the basis of this certificate please be aware that in case government decides against this relaxation then you may lose the job so it will be better to try for the job without this certificate

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you have Got the benefit of reservation then college may proceed against you.but it depend you have taken admission prior to high court order or after the highcourt order.

But in your case it will not apply because you have taken admission in 2015

Atul Shahi
Advocate, Allahabad
160 Answers
1 Consultation

4.6 on 5.0

Did your college say anything in this regard?

What was the criteria for admission in your college for reserved seat? Is your fee structure different from the general category?

Don't be stressed. Try to find out what is the present situation.

Moumita Mitra
Advocate, Kolkata
366 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

Don't worry your education will not be disturbed you shall get the benefit of same in your education.

Still there is no notification than already issued are valid till the date of expiration from date they are issued.

So you shall no be entitled to take any benefit of SC certificate after college but there shall be no disturbance in your education.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is necessary to peruse the documents cited by you to advice

You have been issued SC certificate by Tehsildar and on said basis you got admission in engineering college

Your degree would be valid

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87899 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What is the operative portion of the order passed by the High Court?

Did HC fix a time period for the state government to give a confirmation after re-deciding the issue?

Share the writ details(writ number, category and date of order) so that we may give you a concrete advice.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) now your admission if confirmed, so keep quiet and concentrate on your study unless and until college officer or registrar or university officer or registrar gives any new update regarding your admission and if they feel any concern, meanwhile you enjoy you admission and study.

2) Don't disclose your problem with your friends also try to get complete you degree and fourth year and clear all subjects till date don't keep anything pending.

3) For Degree completion I don't think there is any problem, but for getting government jobs you may face sone problem.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you were admitted to the course on the basis of the caste/community certificate issued by an authority of the government, you need not worry about the subsequent developments.

You should ensure that the community certificate issued by the governmental authority is genuine and no fraud played in it.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

pls anw me

You canot do anything about the government decision taken subsequently.Since you obtained the certificate based on the relevant government policy, you need not be worried about the change of policy taken place at a later date.

Your case will not be invalid

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If HC has stayed the said order then you will not get benefits till the stay is vacated or the sc setside the order.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27232 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer