• Forged documents to transfer property landlordship

I am tenant since 1965, but my old landlady is died on 1986. Suddenly in 2002 my neighbor who is also a tenant of my old landlady, started asking me  rent and filed eviction suit  on me. But when I enquire in land records through RTI in 2013, I got all the bogus and forget sign papers without any registration of old landlady  legal heirs, the property is transferred on his name with the help of city survey officer in 2006. And also there is no person available from old landlady family.

Being a tenant I just wanted to know whether I can file criminal case against him? If yes, is there any citation of any higher court order is passed regarding the same.....as I am cheated.

Pls kindly cooperate...
Thank you
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
file criminal complaint of forgery , fabrication of documents against your neighbor . you have to in eviction suit take defence that he is not the landlord . all documents of title are forged and fabricated . in support of your case rely upon police complaint filed by you against him and RI reply received
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47916 Answers
2844 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You may file a case for cheating and forgery against your neighbour. The land records could not have been tampered with except with the active connivance of some concerned officials. 

2. Apart from filing the criminal case also file a civil case for challenging the forged entries in the revenue records.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Question his locus standi for filing the Eviction suit. Only landlord can file eviction suit. Let him first prove his title over the property.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
117 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer