• Extension before joining

sir , i am selected as charge man in ordinance factory, But I am currently doing m.tech from a government college(svnit surat). I want to know how much maximum extension one can get for education. I want one complete year ,is it possible.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Dehradun, Uttarakhand

1) As to how long appointment will remain valid and how long you can get to join depend largely on the pplication that you would move to the ordnance officer and how long they can hold it for you.

2) You need to apply for an extension seeking the time you require to complete your studies.There is no hard and fast rule about extension. The discretion of the department based on requirement to fill the post will be the major deciders.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2240 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have been selected for recruitment as charge man in Ordnance Factory,

2. You might have or will get an appointment letter asking you to join your employer,

3. It will be mentioned in the appointment letter the time period within which you shall be required to join,

4. You can either defer joining them after taking permission or first join them then obtain permission for study leave to complete your M. Tech,

5. Approach the HR department of the said Ordnance factory to ascertain whether such joining time is permitted by them or not to decide your course of action.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18456 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.It would be advisable to join the employment and seek a leave for educational purpose to complete your study.
2. since you have not joined yet seeking any sanctions or challenging it is out of context

2. The extension of time  shall be on completely by the internal policies of the employer.
Hence it is advisable to check out with the H.R department of your employer and find out the formalities how you can go ahead with it

if you are asking for legal aspects of getting extension of time before joining the work , it is different with each  government departments/company/. employer. So the internal labour rules, policies  or service rules are applicable to this in such situations
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1515 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer