• Grand father property

My grand father had a house and land attached to it .which is 65years property .at that time documents were not there. We have asked our relative to stay in that house.Now i came to know that he had forced his father in law and got registered the land on his name.without documents or even my mother signature or my signature whether they can register the property.we have been cheated by our relative. Can i get support in getting this resolved leagaly.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

1) file suit to set aside registration of land in name of relative

2) seek orders to direct relative to vacate house in his possession

3) you will ha e to prove that grandfather was owner of land

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87938 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to challanged the transfer of the land on the basis of invalid transfer as the property does not belongs to him.

The accepted principle is that you can only transfer what you have.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Who is the father in law of your said relative?

2. Is he your grand father/

3. However, title of the property is recorded with the registrar from where you can collect the certified copy of the title deed of the last title holder.

4. If the title holder of the property has not registered it in favour of your said relative then the said registration is invalid and can be challenged by you.

5. In the above case, file a declaratory suit praying for a declaration that the property belongs to your mother and the said title deed registered by them is illegal and invalid also praying for a direction upon the registrar to cancel the said deed.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Challange the said title deed based on record available with you in the civil court. Also file declaration suit for declaring title of your mother on the property.

Take an interim injunction so that the property is not further sold based on that registration.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You can raise the issues and get the things resolved.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You have file a suit for declaration, possession and cancellation of Sale Deed. In your case you have to take contention that it was without consideration that is no sale price paid to your father by your relative. Thus you may have 80 percent chances of winning the case.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Since when relatives are living in the property.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1) Is the property still on your name by way of ancestral property or by way of family tree transfer. If the land if on your name than you can file suit against them.

2) when this incident took place , date and time , at that time what was your age etc need all these details.

3) on what basis they had registered property on their name it should be checked ASAP. please provide above details.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If it was your maternal grandfather's property and survived by your mother and others then your mother a partition suit demanding her legitimate share with separate possession

Let them come with their defense, which can be challenged properly.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78097 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a suit against these relatives and seek their dispossession from this property.

Also, seek an injunction against them from re-entering this property.

Take help of a local civil lawyer.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


File a civil suit for cancellation of such registration and thereupon claim the possession on the said property.

Contact a local lawyer who may file the case on your behalf.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer