• Taking money from number of peoples as mentioning himself agent of dealership of my property.

There is a property in my father's name. We have told a person (who did forgery) to search for good customers to sale our land orally..We have not given any written authority or power of attorney to him regarding this. He found two candidates and took signature of my father in an booking agreement of rs 50000 each...But that agreement didn't get notarized. And we dropped our plan to sale the land bcz of lengthy town and country planning process. And we told him(victim) to not search for customers if any big dealer u found then inform us...But after few months that two persons of whom agreement my father did sign but we didn't notarized that even not took a single rupee money came to us and said that that boy
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

please complete your query

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Immediately inform the police in writing and lodge a complaint of cheating and criminal impersonation.

Give a newspaper advertisement that this man is not your agent.

This is essential for your protection.

If you have not taken any money from the prospective buyer then there is nothing to worry but since there is an agreement signed by your father there is every likelihood that there is an acknowledgment of receipt of money by your father.

if so then cancel the agreement in writing and inform the buyer about the forgery.

Sooner the police takes action on your complaint lesser would be the harassment to your father.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Make complaints against that man under section 420 IPC and in verbal contract can file against him fraud and misrepresentation.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


I guess you have not posted the complete query.

Still, if you have been cheated then reach the police station immediately and lodge a complaint against the said person for cheating and forgery.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your query is incomplete

2) if your father has signed agreement purchaser can file suit for specific performance

3) your defence should be that no advance money was received from the purchaser

4) that purchaser has failed to make payment within period stipulated in agreement

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the agreement specifies or mentions that you have taken money under the agreement than the agreement will act as receipt even if not notarised, so the two people can file a suit for specific performance against you as you father has signed the agreement

Now before that you should file a complaint against the person the agent for cheating and misrepresentation as agent and give a public notice via newspaper.

Further you have to defend the suit if the two people file suit against you that can be decided based on seeing agreement, what ere condition, who were the witness, mode of consideration. A simple defence can be they didnot followed agreement and you revoked it.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If those people claim the refund of money or enforcement of agreement, in the absence of any such valid documents or proof, your father may decline to entertain them.

Let them go to police or court, they may not be able to establish their false claim

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You may file complaint against such person.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer