My mother gets family pension from defence through PNB bank. My father was lieutenant in Indian Army. . Following are the facts of case:
1. My mother was getting much lower pension compared to other family pension of similar rank and even much lower than minimum pension of 24 K approx fixed by army.
2. Two year back, I complaint of same in Army Pension Department Allahabad, Punjab National Bank, which is PDA (Pension Disbursement agency in this case), local defence office in Jaipur. After lot of follow ups army issues revised pension order PPO. Pension was revised from 1996. My mother pension corrected by bank and revised to 24000 from 7500 per month. This happened in year 2015
3. In 2015, Bank revised pension but not paid arrears.
4. After lot of follow up, Bank calculated arrear and paid some amount around 3 lakh arrear but not provided calculation sheet to us.
5. Again after lot of follow ups in April 2017 bank paid remaining arrear of 7 lakh and provided calculation sheet also unofficially. (Took it unofficially by bribing the babu).
6. Now my concern is, Bank has not paid any interest to us on arrear. If I calculate interest it will again come up to around 10 lakhs.
7.in my earlier written communications, I have not asked for interest also, as my priority was to get pension revised and get arrear. But verbal follow up was done after April 2017.
8. In all this working, I came to know, that it's mainly fault of Bank, to not provide correct pension as army issues notices of revised pensions to Banks commonly and Bank implement same. In this case, Bank had not implemented the notices issued by pension Department.
Question : Shall I file case against Bank in civil court for interest or complaint to Banking ombudsman or any regulatory for complaining pension cases.
Will my mother get interest?. Also can we claim extra damages as when money was most required when we were kids, Bank and Army kept providing incorrect pension, almost 1/4 th of actual pension due to which our studies, my sister marriage, everything got impaired.
Pls suggest correct course of action, I should take now.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law
I clarify my question. Definitely army fault is there in wrong pension but army issues notifications/circulars of revised pensions time to time and it's duty of PDA (Pension Disbursement Agency), here in this case Punjab National Bank. Each Bank has dedicated CPPC Bank ( Central Pension Processing Centre) which calculates and revise pension after receiving circular from Defense Dept/ Central Government. So, it's a clear mistake of Bank to not implement circulars in our case.
Asked 4 years ago