• Property claim

hi my grandfather bought a house on rent more than 100 years ago in which we still live . there are three people in our family me, my father & mother. my grandfather had two children i.e. my father & his sister after marriage of my aunt (40 years ago)  & death of my grandfather(25 years ago) we three people(me, my father & mother) are living in this house. now our house owner wants to do settlement by cash(based on current market value of the property) or by giving us new house so my question is will my aunt can have any claim if we go for this settlement?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
in whose name is the rent receipt? is it still in name of your grand father ? 

if so landlord may insist on your aunt NOC for transfer of rent receipt in your father  name . 

if land lord is offering a decent settlement grab the offer .

letter from your aunt would suffice that she has no objection to transfer of rent receipt in your   father name . said letter should be addressed to land lord .

if your aunt is willing get an affidavit from her on Rs 100 stamp paper that she has no objection for transfer of rent receipt in your father name

Since the rent receipt is in your grand father's name you should ask your aunt to give a NOC to you so that the rent receipt can be transferred to your father' name.