• Don't have original copies of property documents

My husband had a business of sanitation.he was a sole proprietor of the business.he expired on 5 th dec13due to illness. All his original documents  are with my inlaws who are dont ready to give it to me. I have only xerox copies of those documents. When i went to the bank to stop money being withdrawn from his  business accounts the bank is asking  for the original documents. But i dont have  his aacount number or passbook but shown him the copy of his trade licence but asks for the original documents what can i do now. Please help.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from kolkata, West Bengal
You may apply to court for a succession certificate in respect of the assets of your late husband. You may also apply for and get certified copies of the original title deeds from the local office of the registrar of assurances. You may also give a lawyer's notice to the bank to stop all transaction in or pertaining to your husband's account(s) until you are able to get the succession.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer