• Shop rent to be vacated

Respected Sir,
My Name is Chinnaiah aged about 68 years. I have a small house and two shops within that. I have given two shops to one person, he said that he will vacate within a year. but after a year he has not vacated,. He made an agreement with me that he will vacate the shops after a year. he asked some time till his daughter marriage. Since I am also having a daughter, on humanitarian grounds I have accepted his request. But now after his daughter marriage, he said that he will not vacate. From the date i.e. June,2013 I have told him to vacate. He said that he will not vacate. So I said that I do not want your Rent, I said that  I want my premises, please vacate. but he has not accepted my request. He  issued me an Advocate notice, that he is paying Rent of Rs,3000/- and I have demanded Rent 12,000/- enhanced Rent. Since june,2013, I have refused to take rent and asked him to vacate. This also mentioned in his notice. I have not replied to the notice. Now he approached small causes court in chennai, and I have received summon from court to attend on 20/12/2013.

His prayer is since the Land Lord is refused to receive the Rent, permission to be granted  to remit the Rent in the Court.

Now I required the two shop place to park my car. I have no place to park my car I am keeping on Road, Police problems are there. Further My daughter is a Fashion Designer, she want the place to start her business. 

I am 68 years old, is there any fast track court to complete the case within a year. My daughter has to start her Business, and also my car parking is needed.

He is threatening me with bad elements to receive the Rent.

Sir, whether I can give a complaint to the Police when the case in the Court 

Now What I should do. What are the ways to get back my possession within  a short period.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
There are no fast track court in Chennai in relation to Rent Control matters, as far as I am aware.
Depending upon the provisions in the local rent control act, you may file an eviction petition on grounds of own requirement and commitment of nuisance. You may also file a police complaint with the local police.
Regarding his case, you will have to defend same. Since he has filed the case for deposit of rent in court, it may be allowed by court; after which, you may have to apply for and get the rent from court, without prejudice to your eviction suit.
Prabhat Shroff