• Registering a new small business

I am a new Graduate and want to start my own small production house ,in which i will produce some short films, event coverage,wedding films and stuff like this . I am very confused whether i need a government registration or not,if its required than what kind of company it would be and what will be the registration process.
Kindly provide me your legal guidance.

Your's thankful
Palash Bharadwaj
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Establish an individual enterprise you need not require any registration except for service tax purpose and commercial tax purpose. Approach the local lawyer or tax consultant for registration process for purpose of paying tax purpose.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

you  have option to start your production house in your name as sole proprietor or as partnership firm or as company . if you want partnership firm get it registered with registrar of firms . if you want company t has to be registered as company under companies act with registrar of companies .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46925 Answers
2776 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You may start your production house as a sole proprietor or form it in partnership or incorporate a company. In order to make a partnership you will need to get the firm registered with the registrar of firms after completion of the necessary documentation. A company will have to be registered with the registrar of companies under the Companies Act.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer