• Electricity metre to my 70 year old parents flat

My name is M.N.Raju ,a native of Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh. My parents own a land(it’s on My Mother’s Name “Manda Lakshmi” )of 240 Sq. Metres in Gajularega Pannchayat and given it for development to a Builders couple by Name Rayaprolu Suraj & Rayaprolu Kirit in 2006. They made my mother to  register rest of the 5 flats out of 6 flats on other’s name after taking advance amounts from them.  They Delayed the construction  and in half way they left off the building.finally we could occupy the flat after a long struggle in December’ 2012 but,without electricity meter to our flat.The builder did not register our flat nor given any agreement to my parents saying that it is on the basis of “Undivided and Undisputed property clause” where my mother would have the complete ownership rights on the land and we do have the original land documents with us. When we tried for the fresh meter we were told by the electricity department that ,since it is a group house it would require a min of 40 kv transformer which would cost around 2.5 lakhs for the group house.But ,some(Two) of the other flat owners are not willing to share this amount as one has a court case with the builder and other has lodged a police complaint against the builder and both issues are still unsettled. Further , the construction metre is on on the name of Mrs.Pretha Lakshmi (one of the flat owner) which supposed to be on my mother’s name. Now , my parents are 70 years old and  they are severely suffering there without electricity and we are not able to do anything. Kindly help them in getting the electricity or the electricity metre which supposed to be on my mother’s name.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh
Make a detailed application to the electricity board explaining the situation and seek individual connection. On their failure to issue connections immediately approach consumer forum making both the electricity board and the builder as opponents.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

there are 6 flats only 2 are not willing to pay . four of you can shell out . as and when other to want electricity connection ask them to pay the share . it is also necessary to go through agreement signed by your mother with builder . if builder has defaulted in completing project you can complain to consumer forum against the builder for deficiency in service and seek compensation
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46638 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Make a personal representation to the electricity board demanding a separate connection. If this does not suffice then engage a lawyer and issue a lawyer's notice to the board, which can be followed up by filing a case in the High Court if the lawyer's notice also proves futile.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer