• My neighbour covered my land 6 feet wide 100 feet long for 20 years

my neibour covered my land 6 feet wide 100 feet long for 20 years from which 20 feet length covered by boundary wall 5 feet ht. rest open area. How to take back my land ?Can i break that boundary wall ?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Dhenkanal, Odisha
what were you doing for 20 years ? you cannot take law into your hands . you cant break boundary wall . issue legal notice to your neighbour regarding encroachments made and ask him to demolish the wall . if he fails to take action file suit against hi  for necessary reliefs
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Approach the court with a petition for measuring of your land and that of neighbours by a govt surveyor and only once the encroachment is clear then approach the local court through a competent lawyer for demolition and restoration of your land.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Why did you keep silent for 20 years? If you break the boundary wall then you may be arrested and prosecuted as this would be illegal. 

Issue a lawyer's notice to him asking him to remove the wall. If he does not comply then file a case to obligate to him to remove the same. When a court of law orders him to remove the wall he shall have to comply with the order.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer