• Non-payment of monthly maintenance by apartment owners

Dear Sir

We have a situation where some members (owners as well as tenants) are not paying 
monthly maintenance siting silly causes.  We want to serve legal notice to these dwellers.
It is legally possible and if possible can you help us in this regard.  Ours a small society and
hence we are unable to make huge payment for obtaining legal services.  However, we are
willing to pay reasonably for the services. Your response in this regard is most sought after.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
You can avail the services of a lawyer depending upon your affordability. The legal fees can be told by only the lawyer whom you engage for serving a notice.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

before taking any legal proceedings pass a resolution in managing committee that on account of outstanding dues from various defaulters recovery proceedings be initiated against them . 
contact a local lawyer . issue legal notice to defaulters .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41642 Answers
2391 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Approach a competent lawyer who can help in your situation.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

your apartment owners association is to be looked into. further pass a resolution in so far as the payment of the maintenance amount is concerned by fixing a day. in the event of failure to respect the resolution, you can initiate proceedings under law. you can approach our office in this regard.
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer