• Domestic violence 2005

My question is to Ajay Sethi
With reference to my previous question on the subject citing FIRs' Do I become a complainant with my own defense  lawyer or I become a victim legally aided by public prosecutor? Secondly u state such cases take three years. What is the cost involved? I mean legal fees. I am housewife does it mean I have to suffer?
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
in mumbai generally i takes 3 years for DV cases to be disposed of . legal fees vary . since case goes on for 3 years naturally you would have to incur legal costs . no fixed amount can be mentioned . 

if you are a housewife you can claim maintenance from your husband . maintenance issue would be decided within 6 months

In DV cases the public prosecutor has no role to play. So you need to engage your own prosecuting lawyer. Only your lawyer can acquaint you with his legal fees.