• Got a summon under section 9 HMA

I got a summon under section 9 from dehradun family court sent by my husbnd. i have to go on 13/01/2014 to dehradun family court. my husband harass me physically mentally. I am with my parents since one and a half year but I didn't file any case against my husband as he said he will come to take me but he didn't. Now he filed sec-9 against me. what should i do in this condition. m residing in delhi and he is in dehradun. this is not be able for me to go there as m a housewife and i have no money to go there and take any lawyer. finally i want to take divorce and take my maintenance and all the money which my parents spent on my marriage. You please give me better advice to help me.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
You should immediately file a divorce suit in a Delhi court having jurisdiction over the area where you are residing; also file an application for maintenance and alimony simultaneously with your divorce suit.

After filing the aforesaid divorce suit, file an interim application in the pending suit for transfer of the Dehradun Family Court case to the Delhi Court where your suit has been filed. In the transfer application, you should state the grounds which you have stated regarding your hardship and financial difficulties in going to Dehradun to attend the case.

In all probabilities, the Dehradun Case may be transferred to Delhi court.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations
3.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
17427 Answers
165 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
27291 Answers
1483 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
13577 Answers
291 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
19587 Answers
507 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
6901 Answers
78 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3812 Answers
150 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
3146 Answers
47 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
971 Answers
69 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2029 Answers
24 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1299 Answers
71 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0