• Inter-religion marriage

if a hindu girl did a nikah with the muslim boy and next day she adopt islam and after around 9 months they registered her meher in the registrar office. can the parents of girl challenge this marriage in the court?

she was present on her government duty during the day of nikah and adopting of islam, which is 200 km far, is this legal ?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Religion: Hindu
if you have converted then the same cannot be challenged, providing you have relevant documents to prove the same.
Adv Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

The parents of the girl have no right to challenge the marriage in a court of law. It can be challenged by only either the husband or wife.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

200km may not be problem as one can travel this in 3_4 he's.Also she must have been converted before marriage than only nikah would possible.Let us ask questions on real basis and with full details.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

conversion to islam should be before marriage . . you have said parents have challenged  the marriage .what are the grounds of challenge? if wife has voluntarily converted into another religion and married a muslim boy the parents cannot challenge it .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45750 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer