• When can an amount in my pension account be held

I am a pensioner and my account is in a PSU bank. They have withheld some money in my account without any sort of communication. I have sent an email to the branch. They called me and told that excess pension is being drawn (The 20% increase in pension when the pensioner's age is 80 years is reported as drawn when i am 78). Looks like they are not aware of the concordance table and the OM that was issued i Jan 2013 that addressed to the issues pertaining to the pre 2006 and pre- 1996 pensioners like me. My query is whether the branch can hold money in my account without notice and without giving me copies of the documents that they relied on in coming to the conclusion. Can I sue the bank as well as the persons involved in this matter as I need to put in unnecessary effort to prove them wrong. Kindly let me know the laws that are relevant to me including any free links to download them. My email id is hvsastrynbi@gmail.com.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
you have to raise the issue with the authorities . if excess amount is not been drawn by you then you have to convince them of your bona fides . bank is merely acting on instructions received that you have with drawn pension in excess . contact a local lawyer if your reprsentation s made to authorities is rejected .
 you have to prove that as per table mentioned by you for pre 2006 and pre 1996 pensioners you were justified in with drawing excess pension
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Try to settle the matter amicably with the bank. This will require you to make a representation to the higher echelons of the bank. If this does not produce the desired result then issue a legal notice to the bank.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer