• Change of name

Sir , i am a retired for indian army in 1997. i have change my name in 2003 by Gazette and i submit my application to my Records Office. But ansar is There no provision of change of name in army after retaiment.
Asked 3 years ago in Constitutional Law from Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Dear Sir,
As per rule you can make changes to your name and other details only when in service. After retirement, the only option is to submit the change of name as published in the Gazette along with other relevant documents.

Feroz A. Shaikh
Advocate, Mumbai
216 Answers
58 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
I am not familiar with army rules; however, generally, since you have already changed your name with due legal process, I do not see any scope for the army refusing to change the name.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations
3.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Constitutional Lawyers

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
21860 Answers
1141 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
17509 Answers
427 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
4626 Answers
48 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2635 Answers
38 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1286 Answers
82 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1933 Answers
61 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1169 Answers
55 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
183 Answers
4 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nahush Khubalkar
Advocate, Nagpur
44 Answers
3 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shivam Sood
Advocate, Ludhiana
78 Answers
0 Consultations
3.0 on 5.0