• Recruitment in SBI, appeal for review case filed in High Court

Dear sir,
I filed a case against State Bank of India for my permanent absorption, but I'm really surprised about the final result of the case. I along with approx. 3000 nos of candidates were appointed as contractual officer for some target based work in the Bank. I performed well up to the desired level. The bank issued a notification for permanent absorption of all the candidates having fulfillment of 60% of it's target  in a common date with a clause that "if any officer punished earlier or any case pending against him on the common date he will not  be considered for permanent absorption". I fulfilled  more than 100%  of target. But the Bank has issued a disciplinary proceeding against me just approx. 15 days before the date of permanent absorption. After completion of full disciplinary proceedings the bank was freed me from all the allegations after 2 years & no punishment was imposed on me. As I was innocent so apply for my permanent absorption but the Bank refused to do because the notification didn't clear any instruction for the Innocent officer whose charges not proved & punishment not imposed upon him. Finally I filed a case against the Bank in Guwahati High Court. But the Honorable Court disposed the case after hearing. I want to apply for review the case again. One thing now come in my mind "If a person found innocent after discreet inquiry by the Bank itself, then why not he is eligible as like the other contractual officer that are absorbed in the Bank permanently earlier? Please advice me in the matter. what I have to do now?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Nagaon, Assam
review wont serve the purpose it is necessary to go through writ petition filed by you and orders passed by court in your case .
 if you are aggrived by order ogf HC file appeal before SC .

 as per notification on the date of permanent absorbtion no case should be pending . in your case disciplinary proceedings were pending . so you could not be considered for permanent absorbtion on said date . if subseqnetly you have been found innocent SBI should consider your case on merits
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Move an appeal before the Supreme Court if the High Court has ruled against you. 

If you are found innocent after the inquiry you can claim to be considered for absorption as a permanent employee.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer