• Inherited property in the name of one son only

Hello Sir
My father has acquired a land from my grand father who is not alive and my father are 4 brothers and one sister but the land is in the name of my father.So is it there in the Hindu law that he has to divide the property among brothers.Please reply me as soon as possible.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Delhi, Delhi
how was land acquired by your father from grand father ? please clarify . was it by sale deed ? gift deed ? was document duly stamped and registered? if your father is absloute owner of said land he need not share it with his brothers

How has your father acquired the land from your grand father? How did your grand father acquire this land? Was the land purchased by your grand father? Was a written deed made by your grand father in favour of your father? If the land is absolutely acquired by your father then his siblings have no share in it.