• Can we opt for Out of court Settlement?

Yes it was a self acquired property by my grandfather. My uncles knew about the gift made by my Grandmother in 1978 itself. Both the deeds-the one to my GM and the one to my father ant registered and executed deeds.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mangaldoi, Assam
if gift deed is not stamped and registered it would be in admissible in evidence . you cannot rely upon gift deed to claim exclusive rights on said house . better settle with your uncles . give them share in the house ,
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the deeds are not stamped they they are a nullity. Go for out of court settlement.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer