• Missing house registry

My grandfather applied for a loan from a company in the 1970s, and submitted the original registry as collateral. Later on, nobody paid off the loan amount for decades until it was finally settled by my father in 2008. Then, my father got ill, and couldn't work on the issue any further.
Regarding the registry, that company people are saying that they submitted the registry to the court. And the court people are not able to help because it is a very old case.
I would like to know what are my options?
Also, if I have to go for a duplicate copy, what should I do and what all will I need for it?
PS: I don't have a photocopy. I do have the loan clearance report from that company.
Any help will be appreciated.
Asked 4 months ago in Property Law from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
1) the original documents if filed in court would be available in court records

2) your lawyer should be able to obatin those documents from court registry 

3) in the alternative apply for and obtain certifed copy of sale deed from sub registrar office 

4) issue public notice about loss of originals 

5) if you want to sell the property certifed copy of sale deed along with loan clearance report would help you in finding a buyer 

immediately file an inspection application before the court where the case was pending and also file an application before the registrar in whose office the documents of property was registered.

and get the certified copy of the same within a week if available in the record.

You can apply for certified registration copy of the sale deed from the concerned registrar's office.
Get  loan fully discharged and no objection certificate endorsed from the financial institution by getting the charge or lien removed from the register maintained by the registrar.