• Legal heir and power of attorney procedure

we r small business people recently my father expired.we r three brothers and four sistersand my mother.may i know the procedure to to get legalheir and power of attorney to run mines and to get contract bills from governments.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Guntakal, Andhra Pradesh
did your father leave any will ? or he died intestate? if he died without will obtain letters of administration from court in respect of properties left by the deceased.  each legal heir would have 1/8th share in property of deceased . if mines were run by your deceased father on his death legal heirs can continue to run the business . licence can be transferred in name of legal heirs

If your father did not make any will during his lifetime then a letter of administration is required from the court respecting the properties left by your father. All the legal heirs i.e you, your mother and all your siblings have an equal share in the property of your deceased father if he died without writing a will. The business of your father can be divided by all of you through a deed of partition.