• Delay tactics in registering property

I along with my Late Husband intended to purchase a flat with BPTP Faridabad . All formalities of payment of installments and additional demands raised were duly completed. In the mean time my husband demised, further arising formalities of substitution of children names and no objection etc were completed. later few more spurious demands were raised as if the possession has been handed over to me. On approaching it was given to understand that if specific sum is paid by of registration charges the registration formality would be completed. Now when recently approached it was informed since the Haryana Government is intending to enhance the CIRCLE RATE the registration process is being delayed with also a say that further demand may be raised. What is legal approach to the above act of the builder. Anju Kaul.
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1.The reasons given by the BPTP are all frivolous to say the least and they are only harassing tou for reasons best known to them.

2.Send them a legal notice to register the proeprty within a timelimit.

3. UIf they sit idle over the issue then file a case beofre the consumer forum.

4.In the consume forum you will get not only the order of registration but also damages and compensation for delay so far caused without any reason at all.

Good luck.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue legal notice to builder to register sale deed in your favour

2) if he refuses file complaint against builder before consumer forum and seek orders to direct builder to register sale deed in your favour

3) also seek litigation costs and compensation for mental torture undergone by you

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Anju

Immediately issue a legal notice to builder and if they are not ready to settled the matter within notice period then you may file a criminal complaint before police or court or may file a complaint before consumer court and claim your compensation for the harassment and delay tactics for registering the property.

Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you suspect some foul play by the staff of the builder or if you find that they are unnecessarily delaying the registration process without any valid reason or thy are trying to extort more money by putting pressure on you indirectly by dragging on the proceedings, you may discuss with a local lawyer and send a legal notice venting out your grievances and advise him to comply with the necessary action at the earliest and in the event of no response or not properly responding. you may drag the builder to the consumer forum seeking to readdress your grievances besides claiming compensation for the deficient services.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer