• Property land and constructed house

Dear Sir
I am layman in terms of law, I am trying to put the case ......

The property land is of my grandfather, My dad is the eldest son out of 4 brothers, the property patta is in name of my dad and one more uncle only. My dad has constructed a small house and he stays here for last 15 years, he pays the electricity bill, water bill for all 15 years and on.

Now my 3 uncles has come to divide the land, My question is will it be divided into 2 parts as there in the patta or 4 parts for 4 brother's. 

If this left for long time without any govt procedure, will this property come to the legal heir to the son and daughters of my dad.

Thanks and Regards
Raja
rajacbe212@gmail.com
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
if it is self acquired property of your grandfather on his death each son has 1/4th share in property . on what basis was property patta made in name of 2 legal heirs ie your father and uncle . it is better to resolve issue amicably among the brothers rather than litigating in courts . on your father demise his children will inherit only his share in property

Above explains the legal position.
Anil Gupta

Was the property patta in the name of 2 heirs of your grand father made in terms of a settlement deed executed amongst the brothers? Was such a deed registered? If no settlement to this effect was reached then all the sons of your grand father have an equal share i/e 1/4th share in the property irrespective of the fact that patta is in the name of 2 heirs only. It will thus subserve the interests of all the heirs if they sit together and resolve the differences amicably instead of dragging the matter to the court.