• Love marriage and domestic violence

Hello, I wanna marry a guy we both are CA and well settled. My family is against this marriage, my father is using his political relationship to break us and also he has started to beat me. Kindly assist. We do not want to involve in police matter as my partner has a government job.
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) you should file complaint with national commission of women against your father

2) since you both are adults you are free to marry .

3) you dont need your father consent

4) you can get married in arya samaj

5)then register the marriage before registrar of marriages

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist

You can live your life as per your wish and nobody can restrain you.

Solemnized the marriage and immediately file a writ petition before high court under section ,482 of Cr.P.C. or file an application before SSP and DM for protection.

If you want then we arrange your marriage in Delhi and do the same by Delhi High Court or through supreme court.

Feel Free to Call

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Apart from this you may file a domestic violence case against your father or other family members who committed domestic violence against you before the magistrate and claim protection and compensation under section 18/22 of The Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act.2005

Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
6307 Answers
302 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you both love each other and both are adult and attained marriageable age, no law can stop you both from marrying each other.

If there is a threat from his father side, you may decide to take police protection by submitting a complaint to the commissioner/superintendent of police directly because the local police may be influenced by his father.

You both can, with the help and support of your friends and others who would support your cause, marry in a simple function and get it registered in the concerned registrar office.

Once your marriage is registered then his father cannot do anything about this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer