• Railway Recruitment Board Guwahati not calling waitlist candidate

I applied for a job under Central Employment Notice No. 02/2014 for the recruitment of Sr Section Engineers and Junior Engineers 
I applied for SSE post from RRB Guwahati and had given written exam on 21/12/2014. Its result was declared on 07/12/2015 and my roll no (20124011001505) was there on the list
 I was called for Document Verification on 26/12/2015. It was mentioned in the result that 30% extra candidates are also included in the list but there was no separate list for the main list and waitlist candidates. So, everyone was confused whether they are finally selected or not. Then RRB Guwahati published a provisional panel list on 31/03/2016 and unfortunately, my roll no was not there on the list (http://www.rrbguwahati.gov.in/documents/Provisional%20Panel%20of%20SSE%20against%20CEN-01-2015%20(Cat%201,%203,%204,%2053%20and%2054).pdf). 
So, I called RRB Guwahati and get to know that my roll no is on the waitlist and I will be called if there are any absentees from the main list. Then I again waited for few months in hope of getting joining letter from RRB Guwahati as there were so many absentees during the document verification itself. So I was pretty much sure that there will many absentees and I will be called for sure, but again RRB Guwahati published a modified provisional panel on 15/09/2016.
Then they started sending joining letters to the main list candidates from November 2016. Now, all candidates from the main list have got their joining and I get to know about this from the main list candidates there are many absentees and all the waitlist candidates can get joining. Since then I called RRB Guwahati office a few times and they said that they can only forward our names, only if Chief Personnel Officer, Maligaon(NFR HQ) ask for the replacement panel. Then I called to CPO office and enquired about the joining of waitlist candidates, they replied that any administrative decision is not taken yet for calling waitlist candidates. And they said that even there are many absentees but there are fewer chances for waitlist candidates to be called. Sir, I was really shocked to hear this from them, as I was pretty much sure that they will call waitlist candidates like all other boards. In fact, RRB Secunderabad even published third replacement panel and RRB Guwahati has not published even one replacement panel yet. Sir, this is a huge wastage of time and money, if RRB Guwahati doesn't make use of replacement panel then those vacancies would be added to the next indent. Due to this, on one hand, the vacancies remain unfilled and on the other, time, money energy are wasted in forming a fresh panel. In fact, there are strict orders from Railway Board to make full use of replacement panel.
 If all other boards are making use of replacement panels then why RRB Guwahati and CPO Maligaon is not making use of it. What is the benefit of selecting extra candidates? Sir, I would you all to help me. 
Thanking You
Manish Kumar Gupta
Asked 7 years ago in Labour

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) file RTI with RRB guwahati as to how many main list candidates did not join services , how many vacancies were available

2) also why in contravention to Railway Board circular replacement panel was not constituted

3) based on reply file complaint with railway Board that in contravention of its directions replacement panel has not been constiuted

4) file writ petition in HC if no action is taken by railway Board/ RRB Guwahati

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) if no reply has been received and no replacement panel constituted then file writ in the HC to direct constitution of replacement panel

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the RTI application filed by you with respect to the violation of the circular issued by Railway Board has not fetched a reply you may now file a writ in the High Court to seek the constitution of the replacement panel.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer