• Legal action against stock broker

How do file a legal complaint against my stock broker as I have lost huge money because of their faulty online software and system problem at their end? Its already been 2 months but they are asking for more time to refund my money. Should I file a complaint to SEBI/NSE online on my own or should I take help from an advocate? Please suggest.
Asked 7 years ago in Business Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) obtain in writing from stock broker that they will refund your money

2) if they fail to do so then file complaint with SEBI

3) invoke the arbitration clause in your agreement with the broker

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The legal recourse can be initiated agaisnt the stock broker by way of two legalmethid.

i. If there is arbitration agreement then initiate for arbitration though the stock exchange to which he is registered or

ii. Lodge a complaint case with the consumer forum.

If you are from Kolkata and need my assistance you may feel freeto contact. You would get my details from www.acelegalfirm.com.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22917 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. This is a case of deficiency in service by the broker. As a corollary thereto, you should file a complaint to the ombudsman and also, if required, move the consumer forum to recover your invested amount with damages.

2. If the complaint to the ombudsman does not get you your money back then move the consumer forum immediately through your lawyer.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. In the instant case, you are the Consumer of the said stock broking firm who is rendering you their services against collection of payment.

2. You should file a complaint case against them before your local District Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum alleging deficiency in service and unfair business practice claiming the amount which was lost by you due to their above act with interest, damage and cost.

3. You can engage a local Advocate to draft your plaint to file before the above Forum.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You first issue a legal demand notice for the losses you suffered due to their irresponsible attitude or carelessness

Let them give a reply after which you can plan to initiate proper legal action as per law.You may consult an advocate and proceed as per his advise.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer