• How to get my money back

My father expired last month  only.....on checking his pass book i found that he has given monies through cheques  to some persons for about five years back.... he did not tell about these outflow and  any consideration out of these outflows .... 
can i claim the money from the recipients now?...or take some legal action against them .... if yes under which act or law.... kindly advice...
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Dehradun, Uttarakhand
As a legal heir you can recover the monies in accordance with the law.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

claim would be barred by limitation . loan was advanced by cheque more than 5 years back . you dont have any documentary evidence . you can write to them to repay the loan amount . if they acknowledge liability to pay then you can recover . if they deny liability to pay forget it
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46910 Answers
2775 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer