• Family member release from the property

My ownership flat in mumbai is jointly owned by myself, my brother and my wife.

My brother is ready release his right from the flat.

What is be the legal formalities required to release my brother's right from the ownership flat ?

whether document will be on the stamp paper ? 
Is stamp duty and registration charges payable on the documents ?

Thanks in the advance
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) your brother can execute deed of relinquishment or gift deed for his one third share in land

2) gift deed or relinquishment deed has to be duly stamped and registered

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.The right over an immoveable can best be relased by way of deed of gift or deed of relinquishment.

2. Yes and the deed is to be registered on payment of stamp duty and registration fees.

3.So meet an advocate and do the needful.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your brother if willing to relinquish his rights in the property, can execute a registered gift deed in favor of both you and the other co-owner or in your favor alone.

There is no stamp duty for transfer of property within the blood relations in Maharashtra but you are to bear the registration charges which is Rs. 500/- only.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

he can relinquish his right over the property by executing a deed on stamp paper valued rs 200. Maharashtra government amended stamp act and have fixed 200 for transfer or relinquish right in property in favour of a person falling in blood relation.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer