• Will I be summoned or arrested?

I have recently quit my last employer after serving legal notice period. I have received all documents related to my voluntary resignation. However on the last day, I was accused of claiming inflated vouchers of services used by the company. They allege this practise was going on for since 2012. I wonder being audited by big 4 kind of firms, why this was never caught earlier. Nevertheless, they are claiming the misappropriation to the tune of 10-20 lakhs and will ascertain the final amount after investigation. They have also threatened that they will lodge a police FIR. 
1. In that event, can police arrest me? 
2. What are my options now? 
3. Can I apply for an anticipatory bail? 
4. If so will I be asked to furnish a bail amount? What would be in that case. 
Pls help
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1. Yes in the case of cheating of such huge amount the police cna arrest the FIR named accused person.

2. Apply for anticipatory bail/.


4. The bind amount asked to furnish is in terms of guayranteeonly. It is not like depositing the whole money.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) after FIR is lodged police will issue you notice to record your statement

2) you can apply for AB from sessions court

3) company would be more concerned with recovery of money

4) if amount misappropriated is paid company would not file any FIR as criminal cases take years yi be disposed of

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95216 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If and when the FIR gets filed then apply for anticipatory bail forthwith so that you are not arrested and detained. The bail bond will have to be executed by you and the sureties, the amount of which will be decided by the court.

2. Once AB is obtained you can contest the case on merits.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If they decide to approach police, upon registering FIR, the police may try to arrest you, but you can obtain AB before that sooner you receive a call from police summoning you to attend the inquiry session.

In such an event you may first apply for anticipatory bail and comply with the conditions imposed in granting the bail after which you can challenge the case in the trial court accordingly.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer