• Threatening of putting false charges of domestic violence and dowry

Dear Sir
My brother-in -law 's wife is threating our family of putting false charges of dowry and domestic violence against her father -in -law and mother-in-law. She says she will put false charges against our family.
What should we do?
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) who is the oiwner of the house ?

2) if FIL and MIL are owners of house they ask son and DIL to vacate the house

3) if they refuse file suit and seek orders to direct them to vacate portion of house in their possession

4)also seek permanent injunction restraining daughter in law from disturbing their peaceful possession of house

5)if there is no shared household no DV case is maintainable against in laws

6) in case false 498A case is filed obtain AB from sessions court

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95216 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Do no0t worry as suh cases has no dreaded effect anymore.

2. it is true you can not stop her fromfiling suchc ases but there is nothing to worrya s such.

3. nowadays the court are well aware of its ill effect amd misuse and hence even if the same is filed you would easliy get bail and once that is obtained nothing remains in the case and it becomes dead proceeding.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a GD to the jurisdictional police station to intimate it about the threats made by her. If and when the FIR is filed then apply for and obtain anticipatory bail.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Let she give any threat, you may file a NCR with the local police about the alleged threat and obtain an acknowledgment from the police. Once she lodges a false complaint, you may apply for AB, no doubt there is no provision for AB in UK, you can seek relief of not to arrest based on the NCR already filed before concerned police.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer