• Rented shop

My father ran his automobile business in a rented shop for about 20 yrs. He paid the rent regularly and er have all rent receipts. Now my brother is running the same business and he is paying the room rent regularly. Problem is  that Owners wife  and son who is a lawyer are planning to sell the shop to other person. Though we have requested them to sell the shop to us as we are ready to pay the same price they are asking. But by some unknown reason they are not willing to sell it to us. Now they are threatening to drag us to court. We don't have muscle and money power like them,  If we lose this shop we lose our lively hood.  So please help.

My contact no - 
+9109776974054
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Contai, West Bengal
1. Neither they can be forced to sell the shop to you, nor you can be thrown out of the shop by them.
2. The owner can file a case against you for recovering the possession of the shop rented by him. If and when he moves to court you will get sufficient opportunity to fittingly contest his case. 
3. In order to protect your tenancy from being brought to a premature and illegal end you may move to the court and seek a stay order against any planned unlawful possession of the shop by the owner.
you are paying rent regularly . you have rent receipts . you cant be evicted without court order . if any eviction suit is filed contest it on merits . you wont lose the shop 

as owners of shop they can sell the shop . they cant be forced to sell the shop to you . the new  owner has to accept you as tenant