• Birth Certificate for an adopted child.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Accept my gratitude, the query is that my uncle had adopted a boy child 2 yrs back without any legal formalities from a friend of one of their relative from Mumbai. They do not posses the child's birth certificate and also have lost contact with the person from whom the child was adopted. Now the problem is that without birth certificate difficulties may occur like school admission and to name a few.
Please advice what can be done in this situation so that birth certificate can be obtained and my uncle and aunty become the legal guardian of the child.

Ashish Raheja
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Hisar, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
The child has not been adopted. You are unaware of the legal import of the expression 'adoption', hence you have used it. In the ultimate analysis, the child is simply living with your uncle.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

deed of adoption is necessary for adopting child . it has to be signed by the biological parents . . in addition it has to be registered . the birth certificate would reflect the name of biological parents . if you want the name of adopted parents to be reflected you have to make application to magistrate obtain court order then only will changes be reflected in birth certificate . magistrate wont pass an order unless there is valid adoption deed
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer