• Murder case

To help my son, I involved in Murder case and the court proceedings are going on,
but my son left me alone, trying to escape from this case.
Initially i challenged through a criminal lawyer in the court.
 now i changed my mind and want to accept my crime and want to change to hostile witness to support prosecution,
will it reduce the punishment and iam 72 years old and i dont want my son to escape in this crime
please help
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) what is evidence against you in murder case ?

2) you can admit your guilt

3) court would consider your admission of guilt , your age in deciding quantum of punishment

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95208 Answers
7610 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You should tell he truth before te Court without carrying any baggage or agenda on you i.e. to save your son or fix him.

2. If the Court now understands that you are giving false statement with a hidden agenda then you may also face punishment for giving false statement before the Court.

3. If you tell the act before the Court then the Court may consider your age and also the fact that you did the crime for saving your son and award little lighter punishment though you have committed a heinous crime as per law.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The concept of plea bargaining is not applicable to offences like murder. So even if you admit your guilt you can be handed down the maximum imprisonment i.e capital punishment.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The age factor has nothing to with the law to award the sentence of punishment.

The judge may at his discretion decide about reducing the punishment owing to various factors including the age, it depends on the trial proceedings.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85409 Answers
2237 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer