• Trouble in family

Hi I have a problem in family about torturement by Rishabh arora by big brother he is truly villainous of my life. My father is not supporting me financially and emotionally. He is supporting my brother only.My brother also attempt to kill me broken my teeth and fracture .It is a major operation I go through from operation .I have also talk to relatives they also not supported me.My brother is torturing me so much that I am depressed in life .I have taken help of police it is not helpful. Give me advice.
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1. assaulting a person is criminal offence for which you can lodge complaint with police on which basis ca se u/s 326,506 would be started agaisnt him.

2. It appears FIR is not registered and that is why police is not helping you.

3. if FIR is not registered then file petition u/s 156(3) crpc to initiate such case from court.

4.You can not force your father to support you if you are adult. It is his choice whom he will support in every way.

5. be a man and make your own destiny. Good luck.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Since your brother attempted to kill you a criminal prosecution should be initiated against him for the offence of attempt to murder under s.307 IPC, whereupon he can be summoned and sent to jail. You do not need the support of any of your relatives to initiate the legal process against your brother.

2. Once binding directions from court are issued to police then only it will fall in line.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File complaint against your brother before state commission of women

2) if police refuse to register complaint you can file complaint before magistrate under section 156(3) of cr pc to direct police to investigate and submit report

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. How old are you and your brother?

2. Are you both employed?

3. Why do you want your father to support you financially?

4. Why is he not supporting you but your brother?

5. Answers to the above questions are required for addressing your query properly.

6. However, if your brother assaults you physically nextvtime, rush to a govt Hospital/Dispensary and take a medical certificate specifying your fatal injury.

7. After that lodge a police complaint with copy of the said medical report.

8. If police still fails to act, file a writ Petition before the High Court against police inaction seeking justice.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the tortures are intolerable and the assaults causes injuries, you may have to approach police with a complaint and get medical certificate to support your complaint.

If the police is ineffective then you may approach the judicial magistrate court by filing a petition under section 156(3) cr.p.c. seeking its direction to direct the police to initiate proper legal action including registering FIR and remanding him.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer