• Forcefully illegally put lock on my personal property

Firstly i m sorry for my bad English.
Now the issue,.

Yesterday evening one people illigalaly forecefully put lock on door. I m looking for suggestions so that i can take action against him.
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) I presume you are staying in said house

2) if some person placed lock on your door file police complaint against said person

3) install CCTV camera outside your door so culprit can be caught if he repeats the act

4) if he encroaches on your house file police complaint of criminal trespass

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.if you are lawful owner of the proeprty and it was under your possession at the time when the padlock was put into your house,you can make forcible entry into the house and take back possession.

2.once you take back the possession you can inform the police about this incident and then file criminal case of trespassing against him.

3. If you are from kolkata feel free to contact for further help.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

As someone forcefully illegally had put lock on your property - Go and Break it - as simple as that . Be sure that this property has not been attached by the court or do not have any legal issues.

Best of Luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1309 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Little more back ground details were required in connection with the incidence to give proper answer to your query.

2. What interest the said person has on your house for putting the said lock?

3. Are you staying in that house with your family?

4. Do you know the said person and the reason for putting the said lock?

5. If you ae staying in that house and some one has just thrown prank on you by locking your door for no apparent reason, the break open the lock and report the matter to local police station.

6. If it has been done purposely by any of your known person for some reason, lodge a police complaint against him before the local police and if it repeats, report the matter to the local DC.

7. If police does not take any action, file a writ petition against police inaction seeking relief.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You may be knowing that person, why did he put lock to your house?

Did you ask him the reason, because suddenly no one can put a lock into a dwelling house.

You can break open the lock and enter inside after which you can make a complaint with the local police in this regard

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85422 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer