• Life surviving

Since last 23 years I was at Gujarat. Next year I want to go to my native state after my retairment One of my relative warned me to kill me. Earlier he was tried to kill me. i was 58 now. Before going to my native what can i do
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) if you are threatened by your relative record his threats

2) lodge police complaint against relative under section 506 of IPC for criminal intimidation

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95198 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Making threat more so if the threat is to kill a person then it is a serious crime for which you can lodge complaint with local police.

2.So before going to your native you can inform this threat to the Police and you can seek police protection as well.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a police complaint to the jurisdictional police station for criminal intimidation under section 506 IPC. Also seek police protection by writing to the SP/Commissioner and DGP.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the threat still persists, you can lodge a criminal complaint against that person and get a copy of the FIR after which he will come back to normalcy.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer