• Can an irrevocable registered GPA wide payment be cancelled

Sir, my grandfather happen to aquire a property from a family of 3 brothers .He got sale deeds from only two brothers after their partition deed and the third brother passed away leaving his share and we continued to enjoy the position for 30 odd years .in mean time our grandfather passed away and some how the legal hires got to now the left out property and approached thasildhar where we managed to sort out of court and took registred irrevocable gpa from entire legal hires has we couldn't register unless we didnt get 11E sketch .my question is can they cancell the gpa
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

under section 202 of contarct act irrevocable GPA copled with consideration cannot be revoked

2) however it is better during the lifetime of donor of GPA sale deed be registered in your name

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The GPA requires mandatory registration. The title cannot be transferred on the basis of an unregistered GPA. Any unregistered GPA does not convey the right to transfer immovable property. Get the GPA registered immediately.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since they have executed a registered GPA, it is better to act upon the GPA by alienating the property by way of a nominal sale deed within the family members of the GPA agent so that you need not worry about the GPA being cancelled at a later stage.

The GPA is liable to be cancelled even if one of the principals is dead.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer