• Peta act

I have a friend she is honest, hard working, and a trained Yoga teacher, she was running a Aurvedic Message in Mumbai. 

Police was asking her for HAFTA. She refused to pay. They forcibly extracted Rs 2000/ from her. She made a complaint against police , but no action was take on her letter addressed to Home minister, Mumbai High Court, as well . She comes from Sikkim and was earning for her own and family survival by respectable , legal methods only.

Police told her she can not pay, she will not be allowed to run her business.

She was falsely implicated in prostitution act. She got bail after one month as she could not effort an advocate.

Police even told her she act as prostitute and make money and pay them their hafta.

She was not even charge sheeted for one year. She wrote a letter to police station to issue her charge sheet in order to get herself clear of charges.

There is not a single proof or evidence on record, in charge sheet. Only conceited story.

What way she can het herself discharged from court and live in peace.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
u have not mention any thing under which section she was in jail. wheather or not chargesheet is filed, if yes then there must be witnesses. u can call for proper advice
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

This is a glaring example of how criminals are masquerading as police men in this country.
If her defence strategy is chalked out in the right manner then she will not only be exonerated, but also the police men who framed her will be punished and their uniforms will be ripped. However, she will need a good lawyer. There is no substitute for that.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

She may file a writ petition in the High Court against high handedness of the police and seek quashing for FIR under Cr.P.C 482.
Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer