• Selection in OBC

By mistake I  got obc certificate for central job which is not valid for central  as  being jat  I can avail obc benefit in state  uttar pradesh but caste Certificate was issued in central formate and I got job in central government  on behalf of it  in obc category.  The certificate  was issued by  tehsildar  with proper record..... because I was unaware of state and central formate.... I applied for central government job and got selected on behalf of it mentioning my same community I. E. Jat.  I have been doing job since 13 years.. Now I came to awareness.. Is my job safe.... Pse help me... I am tense because I did not do it intentionally......
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) if Jats are not eligible for central OBC status then you are not entitled to be selected in OBC category for central govt job

2) you can be dismissed from service as you are not entitled for job under OBC quota

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

Irrespective of the fact that you were know or unknown to the fact what happened is an error not only from your end but from the concerned government body / employer as well. But as you have been doing this job for last 13 years and have not be challenged for this it is better

to keep quite and keep your fact to yourself only - you never know their may be people who love you to an extent that they end up complaining against you.

Best of Luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1309 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You were eligible for the employment under the quota reserved for OBC under which your community falls at the time of employment.

The rule has been framed only recently hence it should not hamper the employment procured at that time.

Thus in my opinion, there should be no cause of concern or worry on this aspect.

You can remain silent till you receive any notice in this regard.

You can fling into action after there is legal process against this, if at all any in the future.

You can fight it out based on the merits in your side when such a situation arises.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer