• Get back leased apartment

How  to get back   the possession of  the apartment  from the person  to whom  we leased 6months back  since he has not given any rent  or deposit as stated in the lease  deed.The said apartment  is in Goa. He has been evading to surrender the flat &the keys of the flat to me.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
If the tenant has not paid the rent then he is not entitled to continue as a tenant. File a case for eviction your tenant in the local court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

issue legal notice to licensee to  pay arrears of rent . also issue notice to vacate the premises . file suit for eviction in small causes court
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46885 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is there any agreement as to duration of lease ? if there is no agreement you can terminate the lease by giving 15 days notice and seek possession thereof. If the tenant is not paying rent the lease can be forfeited but during the possessory suit the court can direct the tenant  to pay the arrears of rent and lease restored.  You can also file suit for recovery of rent and deposit as per terms of the agreement.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
570 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

initiate proceedings against him for eviction of the same. 

issue legal notice to him and terminate the lease. then file a suit for eviction of your tenant. you can also claim unpaid rent and other arrears towards you from your tenant
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer