• Forced by family to marry some guy Inter caste+Honor killing

i m trapped in my home. How to complain as i cannot trust d local police of the area. My father may know them n bribe them also. 
They are forcing me to marry some guy whom I don't want to and threatened to kill my boyfriend..
What could be the most effective way of solving this issue..
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Muslim

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

1) complain to national commission of women

2) send letter to commissioner of police regarding threats of your parents

3) you can file writ in HC and seek directions that you and your fiancee be provided police protection

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95205 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concerned,

You may choose to file a complaint against your family - if they are physically abusing you you can file Domestic Violence complaint as well.... BUT do this when you have alternatives available. (Home / source of income etc) and also when you are 100% sure on your boyfriend.

If the harassment of your family is too much and you can not call 100 you may choose to send message to one of your friend with your address who may help .

Best of Luck

Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
1309 Answers
58 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Email the local women help group seeking help.

2. you shall have to lodge a police complaint against your father for forcing you to marry someone you do not wish to and send copy of the same to the local S.P./D.C.

3. The offices of all the D.C.'s in Delhi have email addresses where you can email your complaint.

4. Talk to your groom over phone informing him that you want to marry someone else requesting him to cancel the said marriage.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no law which can force to marry anyone agaisnt your choice.

If they have detained you then writ to Human Right Commission or Chief Justice and Commissioner of Police.

If you trust any of your friends and relatives then seek their help who can pray for police protection from high court against this forceful marriage.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to somehow sneak out of the house, submit a complaint against your father and others who force you to marry someone against your wishes to the commissioner/district superintendent of police.

Simultaneously, you may even inform press media about the proposed honor killing by your father and can seek protection through social media too.

Your boyfriend too can file a complaint seeking protection to his life and that of yours citing this as a reason.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85404 Answers
2236 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer