• Right to construction

My grandfather has written bill which is being signed by all my uncles and my father, but we have not taken signatures of their sisters. Can we do new construction on the land. The will clearly says that this land belongs to my uncles & father.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Who is the original owner of this land? The rights of your father's sisters have to be determined with reference to the antecedent title of this land. If the daughters of your grand father have any legal share in the land then they may obtain a stay order against any construction on this land.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

apply for probate of will . probate is judicial proof that will is genuine . your aunts will be issued notice . if no caveat is filed and they dont oppose probate would be granted . even i f you prove the will in face of your aunt opposition you would get probate . then you can carry on construction on land owned by your grand father .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45467 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer