• Is registered GPA in Karnataka valid in another state

I have registered GPA executed in Bangalore, Karnataka.
I gave powers to my Dad in this registered GPA.
Can my dad purchase property in another state viz. Andhra Pradesh.
Can my dad apply for home loan on my behalf in another state and also go for sale deed in another state.
Asked 3 years ago in Intellectual Property from Bangalore, Karnataka
Once a GPA is a registered document, it is governed by the powers you have given to the beneficiary in the GPA. your father can sell and buy property on your behalf if the same has been provided by you in the registered GPA. 

please note, sale through GPA is not valid as per the Supreme Court rulings.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

There is no bar in doing that however the stamp duty varies from state to state. other than Karnataka, if the GPA states that he is allowed to buy property on your behalf from other states, then yes, your GPA is valid however, the sale when registered in another state, you may have to pay higher amount.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if you have given absolute power to your father then your father can purchase any property in any state. filing of IT return is another thing and it does not require to file by GPA. You can file ITR online. GPA holder has limited power because he has only those power which is mentioned and given by GPA. so you should make GPA according to your need and duly registered it.
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5066 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Hi, you have given power of attorney to your father and it is valid and it can applicable to whole india and more over it is registered general power of attorney and it is valid to all the  states.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer