• Office rent aggreement

Hi I am renting a place for my office and the initial agreement was for 3years which expires soon.
This was a leagally created agreement with proper registration paid. The landlord is OK to extend the lease for another 3 years. I would like to know the process for the same.
Should I execute the entire agreement again and pay registration taxes etc?
Or is there any kind of legal extension agreement that I can execute?
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Christian

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1) execute fresh leave and licence agreement for period of 3 years

2) agreement should be stamped and registered

3) in Maharashtra it is mandatory to register leave and licence agreement

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95208 Answers
7610 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The renewal of lease being for a fixed period of 3 years , ti ahs to be registered as well.

2. So you can execute and register a fresh lease with mentioning of renewal of previous lease .

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. if there is a clause that agreement will be extended automatically if not terminated then it shall be extended automatically. otherwise you have to execute a fresh agreement.

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
5127 Answers
78 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

The existing lease agreement can be renewed by an endorsement at the end of the lease deed.

necessary stamp duty can be paid at the time of renewal.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85409 Answers
2237 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer